5th District Custodian
This page is to disseminate information regarding the activities of the Custodian of the Uniform Work for the Fifth Masonic District of the Grand Lodge of Free & Accepted Masons of the State of Georgia.
Master Masons from all recognized jurisdictions are welcome at all functions.
Fifth District Custodial Staff
Randy Hazan is the Custodian. Randy is a Past Master of Fulton Lodge No. 216 and a former Masonic Education and Leadership Development Director.
Ray Magill is the Assistant Custodian. Ray is Worshipful Master of Gate City Lodge No. 2.
Gergory Foster is Custodian Emeritus, having served 18 years as Custodian. Greg is a Past Master of East Point Lodge No. 288 and a member of College Park Lodge No. 454. Greg is also a Masonic Education and Leadership Development Director, a past District Master, and a past District Deputy.
Past Custodians of the Fifth District include Lowell Hollums, Albert F. Garner, Jr., Gregory Foster, Robert L. "Bobby" Jones, and David M. "Davo" Herman.
Fifth District School of Instruction
Dates for the 2022 Schools:
- Tue, 18 Jan, 7:00 pm, North room, Atlanta Masonic Center
- Tue, 01 Feb, 7:00 pm, North room, Atlanta Masonic Center
- Tue, 15 Jan, 7:00 pm, North room, Atlanta Masonic Center
- Tue, 01 Mar, 7:00 pm, North room, Atlanta Masonic Center (if needed)
Monthly Coaching & Practice Schedule
Ray holds practice for Gate City Lodge No. 2 on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays at the Atlanta Masonic Center, and guests are welcome. Catechism work is available after lodge practices.
Board of Custodians Schedule
The Board of Custodians meets quarterly to discuss, practice, demonstrate, and answer questions about the Uniform Work. The typical schedule is:
- At 9am on a Saturday in March, at Riverside Masonic Temple, Macon.
- At 9am on a Saturday in June, at Riverside Masonic Temple, Macon.
- At 9am on a Saturday in August, at Riverside Masonic Temple, Macon.
- At 9am on the fourth Tuesday in October, at the Macon Centreplex; Sometimes at 9am on the Monday before as well.
Master Masons are welcome to attend Custodian meetings, to observe and to ask questions.
In accordance with GL Code 2-213 and 61-106:
- A White Card is issued by the Custodian at the request of a Lodge’s Director of Work (or Secretary) for proficiency in the questions and answers of the catechism for the three degrees.
- A Blue Card is issued by the Custodian at the request of a Lodge’s Director of Work (or Secretary) for proficiency in ALL aspects of the ritual, including White Card requirements.
- A Green Card is issued (one per lodge) by the Custodian to the Director of Work appointed by the Worshipful Master.
- An Orange Card is issued by the Custodian, at his discretion, to those individuals who have demonstrated both ritual proficiency and a willingness to help instruct others.
- A Purple Card is a Masonic Legend, and does not exist in this jurisdiction. The same goes for the Red Card. As far as you know...
Follow the facebook page for 5th District Ritual Instruction announcements: https://www.facebook.com/AtlantaCustodian
Here are some Georgia Masonic resources that Davo has put together and/or found useful.
Map of Districts
Since the Map of Districts (which I've found very useful over the years) has mysteriously disappeared from the Grand Lodge website, here's a link to a small cached version I found: http://morelight.org/mased/ga_dist_map.png
Good news, everyone! I have located this map again, in pdf format: https://glofga.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Georgia-Masonic-Districs-v2.pdf
Candidate Care Checklist
A tool to help mentor the candidates' advancement and development.
Degree Planning Checklist
A tool to help the Director of Work plan the various roles during degrees.
New Mason Development
I personally recommend the following schedule for new Masons in their first year after being raised - before taking an office or joining an appendant body!
|1st Quarter||2nd Quarter||3rd Quarter||4th Quarter|
|Learn your Catechism!||Earn your White Card!
Masonic Etiquette Course
Masonic Symbolism Course
Visit another Lodge
|Start your Blue Card!
Rules of Order Course
Masonic History Course
Masonic Mentoring Course
Visit another Lodge
|Complete your Blue Card!|
Masonic Code Course
Masonic Manual Course
Masonic Investigations Course
Visit another Lodge
Please visit the Education page for more resources!