This page is to disseminate information regarding the activities of the Custodian of the Uniform Work for the Fifth Masonic District of the Grand Lodge of Free & Accepted Masons of the State of Georgia.
Master Masons from all recognized jurisdictions are welcome at all functions.
Fifth District Custodian, Assistant Custodian, and Custodian Emeritus
Randy Hazan is the Assistant Custodian. Randy is a Past Master of Fulton Lodge No. 216.
Gergory Foster is Custodian Emeritus, having served 18 years as Custodian. Greg is a Past Master of East Point Lodge No. 288, and a member of College Park Lodge No. 454.
This is our schedule for the remainder of the 2018-2019 Grand Lodge Year. Note, all sessions are open to all recognized Master Masons:
- Monday, 21 Oct: Custodian Ritual Session at Grand Lodge, 9:00 am in Macon, GA (exact location TBD, probably at Al Sihah Shrine).
- Tuesday, 22 Oct: Custodian Meeting, following Grand Lodge day one at the Macon Centreplex, normally in the adjacent meeting hall.
In general, David conducts catechism and ritual practice (check for specific dates):
- At 6pm on the first Tuesday of each month at Masters Lodge, for Gate City Lodge - visitors welcome.
- At 6pm on the first Thursday of each month, at Chamblee-Sardis Lodge, for Chamblee-Sardis Lodge - visitors welcome.
- At 6pm on the fourth Wednesday of each month, at Tucker Lodge, for anyone who wishes to attend.
Note: 8am on Sundays are available by appointment - please arrange in advance.
In accordance with GL Code 2-213 and 61-106:
- A White Card is issued by the Custodian at the request of a Lodge’s Director of Work (or Secretary) for proficiency in the questions and answers of the catechism for the three degrees.
- A Blue Card is issued by the Custodian at the request of a Lodge’s Director of Work (or Secretary) for proficiency in ALL aspects of the ritual, including White Card requirements.
- A Green Card is issued (one per lodge) by the Custodian to the Director of Work appointed by the Worshipful Master.
- An Orange Card is issued by the Custodian, at his discretion, to those individuals who have demonstrated both ritual proficiency and a willingness to help instruct others.
- A Purple Card is a Masonic Legend, and does not exist in this jurisdiction. As far as you know.