This page is to disseminate information regarding the activities of the Custodian of the Uniform Work for the Fifth Masonic District of the Grand Lodge of Free & Accepted Masons of the State of Georgia.
Master Masons from all recognized jurisdictions are welcome at all functions.
Fifth District Custodian Members
Randy Hazan is the Assistant Custodian. Randy is a Past Master of Fulton Lodge No. 216.
Gergory Foster is Custodian Emeritus, having served 18 years as Custodian. Greg is a Past Master of East Point Lodge No. 288, and a member of College Park Lodge No. 454.
Fifth District School of Instruction
At the Atlanta Masonic Center
Starting at 7:00 pm in the South Lodge Room:
- Wednesday, 22 January: Opening, Business, Closing
- Wednesday, 29 January: Degree Conferrals
At Palmetto Lodge
Starting at 7:00 pm
- Friday, 07 February: White Card Work
- Friday, 21 February: Opening and Entered Apprentice Degree
- Friday, 28 February: Fellow Craft Degree
- Friday, 06 March: Master Mason Degree
In general, David conducts catechism and ritual practice (check for specific dates):
- At 6:00 pm on the first Tuesday of each month at Masters Lodge, for Gate City Lodge - visitors welcome.
- At 6:00 pm on the first Thursday of each month, at Chamblee-Sardis Lodge, for Chamblee-Sardis Lodge - visitors welcome.
- At 6:00 pm on the fourth Wednesday of each month, at Tucker Lodge, for anyone who wishes to attend (not January).
- At 9:00 am every Sunday at Chamblee-Sardis Lodge, for anyone who wishes to attend.
- Other times/places are possible by appointment.
In accordance with GL Code 2-213 and 61-106:
- A White Card is issued by the Custodian at the request of a Lodge’s Director of Work (or Secretary) for proficiency in the questions and answers of the catechism for the three degrees.
- A Blue Card is issued by the Custodian at the request of a Lodge’s Director of Work (or Secretary) for proficiency in ALL aspects of the ritual, including White Card requirements.
- A Green Card is issued (one per lodge) by the Custodian to the Director of Work appointed by the Worshipful Master.
- An Orange Card is issued by the Custodian, at his discretion, to those individuals who have demonstrated both ritual proficiency and a willingness to help instruct others.
- A Purple Card is a Masonic Legend, and does not exist in this jurisdiction. As far as you know. The same goes for Red Cards.
Follow the facebook page for announcements: https://www.facebook.com/AtlantaCustodian
Here are some Georgia Masonic resources that I've put together and/or found useful.
Map of Districts
Since the Map of Districts (which I've found very useful over the years) has mysteriously disappeared from the Grand Lodge website, here's a link to a small cached version I found: http://morelight.org/sekret/ga_dist_map.png
Candidate Care Checklist
A tool to help mentor the candidates' advancement and development.
Degree Planning Checklist
A tool to help the Director of Work plan the various roles during degrees.
New Mason Development
I personally recommend the following schedule for new Masons in their first year after being raised - before taking an office or joining an appendant body!
|1st Quarter||2nd Quarter||3rd Quarter||4th Quarter|
|Learn your Catechism!||Earn your White Card!
Masonic Etiquette Course
Masonic Symbolism Course
Visit another Lodge
|Start your Blue Card!
Rules of Order Course
Masonic History Course
Masonic Mentoring Course
Visit another Lodge
|Complete your Blue Card!|
Masonic Code Course
Masonic Manual Course
Masonic Investigations Course
Visit another Lodge
From February, 2007 to January 2010, I produced a pdf newsletter for the Metro Atlanta area, called Work & Lectures. By July of 2007, each issue had an overall theme. While the "news" aspects have long expired, these issues can still be a good source of information for lodge education programs and personal education. They are all listed here at the old site.